Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some computer Illustrations

Computer Illustration stuff I've wanted to fix and finally had time to. Illustrator is such a nice program!! I don't want to go completely digital but it's doesn't hurt to know your stuff.


Fixed this old piece. We had to do 3 vector icons with a common theme and I chose Fatty Foods. My teacher thought they should have something to sit on so I made plate shaped circles.


Vector portrait of my sister! The shadows were more blue before but I sorta fixed it. I took away some weird shapes too. I'm content with it now!


Corel Painter Project!! We had to take a picture of a still-life, draw it, scan it in and paint on top. This was the beginning stage of my thread themed piece.

This was what I turned in and my teacher thought I should incorporate more color into the other objects to unify the piece.

This was the final where I "unified" the piece by putting color into the other objects. I think I like the original better.


So I work at the Office of Development and they asked me to design an Annual Giving postcard for faculty. My boss Heather sketched out what she wanted, I refined it and finished it up in Illustrator. She wanted something cutesy for spring and I tried my best.


Final postcard design. I had a small taste of freelance? It wasn't that scary...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Caroline Boyk said...

I love your still life (I like the original best too :P)
Everything's looking really nice...post your illustration stuff too!!!

Kristen Cruz said...

ah thank you! I'm going to photograph my ill stuff asap and put them up sooon.

Sandra Lucia said...

Your corel painter still life is off the chain!! it was my favorite assignment my junior year!